1. Kill with kindness.
2. Be positive. Things get hard but there’s no point moping around, because as much as positivity spreads, negativity does too.
3. If you want someone to do something, be nice about it. Yelling will only stress them out more, and they’ll grow to resent you.
4. Don’t do the whole “I told you so” thing. Turns out the person you’re saying that to already feels shitty as it is, and you’re just being obnoxious.
5. Feed your body what it wants, and it’ll treat you right back.
6. If you’re good at something, don’t be shy about it. Embrace it because there a billion people who want to be good at what comes easily to you, whether that be singing or sports.
7. Don’t cheat.
8. Relieve stress with exercise. It’s the most productive way to do it.
9. Don’t invite yourself or invite others when there hasn’t been a hint of a gesture.
10. Listen to adults. You don’t necessarily have to act on everything, but it doesn’t hurt to absorb any morsel of knowledge.
11. You can never say “thank you” and “I love you” too many times.
12. There are some really, genuinely nice people out there. And trust me, it catches you off guard, but learn to appreciate it.
13. There are also some assholes, but just try super hard not to let them get you down. They suck.
14. Be adventurous.
15. If you’re comfortable with yourself, other people can be comfortable around you.
16. Be happy.
17. Love your mother.
18. For rising seniors: don’t freak out so much about employment after grad. Travel or take the time off when you have the chance.
19. Distance yourself from people who drive you up the wall.
20. Blacking out every night is generally unproductive.
21. It doesn’t hurt to flirt.
22. Praise in public, punish in private.
23. The people make the city.
24. Smile for the camera 🙂